101 - 1207 Rideau Bend.
Canada K4M 1B5
Phone: 613 - 692 - 0222
Fax: 613-692-0222 (call)
IDL Courses: Technology Development
Database Design through Conceptual and Logical Data Modelling
This seminar will improve database design by providing hands on experience with the concepts of Conceptual and Logical Data Modelling (CDM).
Data Modelling is a technique to enhance the communications between users and technical staff. It provides a graphical "blueprint" of the user's needs for data and a guide for the database designer to create a more stable and change-resistant database. The course will introduce and clarify the concepts of conceptual, logical and physical data, explain the standards applied to data models and provide hands-on experience in a workshop environment.
After completing this course, participants will understand:
- what a data model is, and what it is not
- why and when to do a data model
- the terminology used in the various types of data models
- how a data model fits into the system development life cycle
- how to build a data model from data gathering through first-cut design to normalization
- how to design a stable and non redundant database.
$1,000.00 / Participant *
* Contact us for a signifigant Government of Canada price discount.
Group discounts may also apply. Please contact us.
BACK TO TECHNOLOGY |
BACK TO COURSES